When a trip to the nail salon is not an option—an at-home manicure or DIY nail spa is the next best thing.
To start one, you need to have the cleaning tools and other manicure essentials. Of course, you must also know the basics of professional manicure and pedicure applications. Lucky you, I’ve outlined them below!
My list has seven simple steps to follow, and I’ve included important tools you need too.
Here’s How to Do an At-Home Nail Spa so Your Nails Don’t Look Like That of a Caveman’s While in Isolation
1. Start with a Clean Canvas
First, wash your hands with soap and water. Gotta have clean hands!
2. Trim, File, and Buff Your Nails
Trim your nails if needed. Take out dirt bits or remove dead skin cells from underneath using a cuticle pusher.
Use a nail file to shape the tips. Then, use a nail buffer to achieve a smooth finish.
3. Soak and Exfoliate Your Hands
RELATED: 36 Easy Nail Designs Tutorials
4. Soften and Push Back Your Cuticles
You can use a cuticle remover or your preferred oil to soften and clean your cuticles. Take your cuticle pusher again to push them back.
And, oh! Don’t forget to moisturize with hand and foot cream, cuties!
5. Proceed with Painting the Base Coat
A base coat will protect your nails from colored nail polish staining. It will also ensure you have a smooth base for your color.
6. Apply Your Nail Polish in Thin Coats
Or stick your press-on nails. Or paint your acrylics.
If you’re using nail polish, do it like the pros:
- Swipe a thin amount down at the center, then on the sides.
- Make sure the first coat dries before applying the second (and third).
7. Add a Topcoat for a Clean Finish
A topcoat is the save face of a not-so-perfect nail polish application. It helps hide excess streaks.
Tip: There are topcoat formulations that contain a nail hardener ingredient. This helps strengthen weak and thin nails.
When you’re done, wait for your nails to dry before touching anything or putting on slippers. Once they’ve set, you can proceed to put on adorable outfits for your stay-at-home selfies.
What nail tools does your at-home manicure spa have? Let’s exchange tips in the comments below!
- 11 Pisces Nail Design Ideas That Will Complete Your OOTD
- How To Do Water Marble Nails
- 9 Cute And Trendy Cloth Masks To Match Your Outfits
Whether you’re a self-proclaimed fashionista or just have a passion for fashion, we are looking for you!