Got a Zoom interview to ace for your work? Here are some tips that can help you look your best for all kinds of video conferences and online meetings!
9 Zoom Interview Tips That Will Make Your Virtual Version Even Cuter
1. Dress Appropriately
You can’t start your Zoom interview without looking the part, so make sure you’re wearing the right type of clothes. Being seen in your loungewear implies unprofessional conduct!
Tip: Don’t forget to wear the appropriate bottoms, too! Even if only your upper half can be seen, there may be times where you might have to stand up.
2. Go Natural for Your Makeup
Complete your outfit with a natural makeup look! Showing up to your Zoom interview with a made-up face gives the impression that you are making an effort.
Tip: Highlighter is your best friend in accentuating your facial features. Apply a thin layer of mascara and some lip gloss, and you’re good to go!
3. Wear Your Hair Down
Aside from the fact that wearing your hair down makes you look more attractive and approachable, it will also be flattering for your face shape.
Tip: Avoid tight ponytails and messy hair buns! These can make your forehead look wider on camera, which is not the look you’re going for.
4. Don’t Forget to Accessorize
Just because you’re at home for your Zoom interview, doesn’t mean you can’t accessorize! It’s time to dig into your jewelry box and rock those cute pearl earrings!
Tip: For a more professional look, stick to jewelry sets with the same styles. This will create a more cohesive but elegant vibe in your ensemble.
5. Check Your Teeth
Before you accept that Zoom call, take a look in the mirror and check your teeth. You wouldn’t want to be stopped mid-presentation and be told that you have something in your teeth!
Brush your teeth and floss before going into your conference call. This will allow you to remove any unnecessary debris from your munchers.
Note: Check the related article below for more grooming tips.
Tech Stuff Tips
6. Choose the Best Lighting
Your cute outfit and makeup will go to waste if you can’t be seen! A well-lit foreground will brighten up your face, which can help you ace your meeting.
Tip: Natural light is always the way to go, whether for selfies and video calls. You can position yourself by a window to capture the daylight.
7. Find Your Angle
If you don’t want to be caught in an unattractive screenshot, you need to know your angles! A good angle can also help your interviewer take you seriously.
Tip: Check your previous selfies to find out which angles work for you. Make adjustments along the way until you get your desired outcome.
8. Keep Your Camera at Eye Level
Now that you’ve found your angle, you need to position the camera at eye level. This will create enough headspace; it will also allow you to present your face and outfit properly.
Tip: If your tabletop isn’t tall enough to meet your eyes, you can use a stack of books and magazines. Just use these to elevate your laptop or mobile phone.
- DUAL MICROPHONES: Easy to install USB lavalier microphone set creates clear sound for video calls, web conferences, podcasts, tutorials, vlogging and more. Record two people at once, or mic a voice and instrument
- UNIVERSAL COMPATIBILITY: Included USB adapter allows seamless integration with both 3.5mm and USB devices including computers, smartphones, cameras & recorders
- 1-YEAR WARRANTY: We’ve got your back. Our products are designed to ease your technical woes, not add to them. Our friendly US-Based support is here to help
- EXTENDED REACH: 20ft USB cord provides flexible space for movement for working from home, recording webinars, vlogging, live streaming and more
- PLUG AND PLAY: No discs and software needed, just plug it in and start recording. The perfect external microphone computer kit for new content creators and remote workers
9. Always Look at the Camera
If you’re going to be looking around while talking or presenting, other video call participants might lose interest. You don’t want your Zoom interview to flop just because of that!
Tip: Pretend you are a news anchor—this will force you to look at the camera the entire time. Connecting with your viewers is a must for any reporter!
Don’t forget to download, save, or share this handy infographic for reference:
Just because you are in the comfort of your home, doesn’t mean you should look like a couch potato for your Zoom interview! It’s always important to look professional for any video call because this can affect how people see your work ethic.
You don’t have to bust out your formal blazers and jumpsuits, and you don’t have to go for a full glam makeup look. What matters is you make an effort on your physical appearance so your co-workers can appreciate you more!
Do you have other Zoom interview tips? Share them with us in the comments section below!
- 13 Stylish And Cute Headbands You Can Wear All Year Round
- 15 Non-Basic Ways To Wear The Basic White Tank Top
- 13 Cute Outfits To Wear With Espadrilles Sandals This Summer
Whether you’re a self-proclaimed fashionista or just have a passion for fashion, we are looking for you!