If you are a bit hesitant to wear plus size legging outfits, then Cute Outfits is telling you “You got this, girl!” Yes, you can wear a pair of LEGGINGS in style! It’s all in the way you wear them. So my curvy ladies, where you at?
Let me give you no-frills style tips for you to rock your leggings!
Fun Ways to Style Plus Size Legging Outfits
1. Choose Quality Leggings
If you want to look fabulous, choose the quality, dense ones. They must have some stretch to be able to hold you in and smooth out any lumps and bumps.
STYLE NOTE: Aim for leggings that are stretchy, skinny knit pants instead of those footless stockings for a more sophisticated and elegant look.
2. Don’t Underestimate the Power of a Good Underwear
Wearing the right underwear is a must if you want to look pulled-together, especially in plus-size leggings.
STYLE NOTE: Choose underwear that supports your booty and can’t be seen through the material of your leggings.
3. Don’t Pair Your Leggings With Short or Cropped Tops
This is proven and tested! Tops, sweaters, or jackets that are long enough to cover your bottom gives curvy ladies a more sophisticated look.
STYLE NOTE: Choose from tunics, long blazers, and flowy tops!
4. Dress in Slimming Colors
Black, charcoal gray, dark brown are the best colors to choose from when getting the perfect leggings for you. These shades make an excellent backdrop for a pretty job and slim curvy bottoms.
STYLE NOTE: For a monochromatic look, you can wear a top that has the same color. But don’t be afraid to create and mix and match textures to make your look more fashionable!
5. Pick the Right Footwear
The right footwear will bring you places. Ballet flats, boots, or stylish heels work well to create that perfect #OOTD!
STYLE NOTE: Make sure you choose the perfect shoes that can accentuate your whole look. 🙂
6. Pay Attention to Specific Fabrics
Different leggings with bold fabrics are best paired with tops or blazers that add personality to your wardrobe.
Tips for leggings with bold fabric, here are some Dos and Don’t’s.
- Leather leggings are best paired with a long black blazer, a colorful top, and a pair of pump shoes.
- Velvet Leggings are best worn with a rose gold top, a pair of leather loafers, and then accentuate the look with a pearl necklace or other dainty accessories.
- Suede leggings are perfect with a silk top or a chunky knitted top.
7. Own it, Girl!
And for the finale, it’s all about confidence! We know attitude is key. You have to want to wear it to pull them off, so own it!
For additional tips, here’s a lookbook video on how to wear the leather-looking leggings from Taren Denise:
Strut your stuff with confidence in loving how you look, no matter what your body type is. Show everyone that being curvy is beautiful too!
How do you style your leggings? Let us know in the comments section below!
- The Best Types Of Swimsuits For Every Body Shape
- Strut Under The Hot Sun With These 10 Cool Sun Hats For Women
- 11 Best Shampoo For Colored Hair To Keep Its Color Vibrant
Whether you’re a self-proclaimed fashionista or just have a passion for fashion, we are looking for you!