“To use or not to use a sunscreen spray,” but that is not the question here. I mean, it does not take common sense to realize you need to use sunscreen. Probably, the most common question people ask is, “what are the benefits of using sunscreen spray?”
Whether you are heading to the beach or to the swimming pool, or just staying outdoors to bask in the warmth of the sun, check out this list of benefits of using sunscreen products on your face and body.
7 Reasons Why You Need to Use Sunscreen Spray
1. Enhances Skin Health
Most sunscreens contain Titanium oxide that has essential skin proteins such as elastin, collagen, and keratin that are vital for keeping the skin healthy and smooth.
Tip: Always cross-check the ingredients of your sunblock.
2. Offers Protection Against Ultraviolet Rays
With the protective ozone layer continuously degrading, the risk of being affected by harmful UV rays is now higher than ever before. Spraying your sunscreen when taking in your daily Vitamin D dose protects you from harmful UV rays.
3. Lowers Risk of Face Blotches
It also prevents discoloration, the inflammation of red veins on the skin, acne, and even other sun-induced skin conditions.
Tip: Spray more sunscreen than you think you need.
4. Lowers Risk of Skin Cancer
Habitual use of sunscreen lowers your risk of developing deadly skin cancers, especially Melanoma— the most dangerous type of skin cancer that mostly affects women in their 20s.
Tip: Make sunscreen spray part of your daily beauty routine.
5. Prevents Premature Aging
Fashionista or not, we want to maintain healthy young-looking skin. We dread the idea of premature aging. With the help of sunscreen sprays, we can fight back the early signs of aging, such as fine lines and wrinkles.
You certainly want to have glowing skin with or without makeup.
6. Evens Out Skin Complexion
Tanning and summer are two sides of the same coin. However, sunbathing to get a tan puts you at the risk of being exposed to harmful UVA and UVB rays.
Go for sunscreen sprays with the SPF factor of 50 and above and apply it as frequently as you can.
7. Prevents Sunburns
At the very least, sunscreens prevent sunburns caused by the lethal UVB rays. Recurring blisters due to weakened skin as a result of sunburns increase the risk of developing life-threatening Melanoma.
Today, sunscreens are more convenient than ever. Aside from sunscreen spray, there is the option of lotions that have been added to face and body creams, making it easy and effortless to add to your skincare routine.
With water-proof sunscreens, one spray is enough. Otherwise, reapply every two hours.
How Often Should You Use Sunscreen Spray?
It is best to use sunscreen daily, whether you are staying indoors or heading out.
With an active window of two to three hours, it is advisable to reapply as many times as you need to— especially on the body surfaces that are directly exposed to the sun.
- Unlike sunscreen lotions, wearing sunscreen spray can be tricky. Pay attention to the quantity and how even you wear your sunscreen. Ensure you see it evenly spread out on your skin after spraying.
- Not all sunscreen sprays prevent UVA and UVB, which is why you need one with SPF 50 or above.
- Apply sunscreen spray at least thirty minutes before exposure to the sun.
- Opt for a water-based sunscreen spray that is not washed off by water or sweat to reduce the number of times you have to reapply.
- Go for a broad spectrum sunscreen spray that is hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic to safeguard against both types of UV rays as well as acne, rashes, sunburns, and clogged pores.
- Ensure your sunscreen contains Titanium dioxide, Zinc oxide, Avobenzone (Parsol), and Octyl methoxycinnamate (OMC).
- To avoid inhaling the sunscreen, spray onto your palms, and apply.
Find out the top 8 sunscreen sprays in this video by Dr Dray:
There you go, lovely fashionistas! As they say, protection is better than cure. Make it a habit to use sunscreen spray before you head out.
Do you have other tips on using sunscreen spray? Let us know by leaving a comment below!
- 9 Dermatologist-Approved Summer Skin Care Tips For A Healthy Skin
- 11 Hottest Plus Size Tankini Swimsuits You Need To Have In Your Summer Vacation Bag
- 11 Best Shampoo For Colored Hair To Keep Its Color Vibrant
Whether you’re a self-proclaimed fashionista or just have a passion for fashion, we are looking for you!