It’s finally the perfect season to rock tropical nails! Here are some of the cutest nail designs you can show off together with your summer outfits.
15 Tropical Nails That Look Cute With Your Summer Outfits
1. Chillin’ by the Beach[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/CAshIaalEfR/?igshid=1br951oiw8tdp hidecaption=true width=800]
For beach lovers like me, we can express our love for the ocean through nail designs. Take a look at these super chic beach nails.
Tip: Adding a cute little starfish on top of your tropical nails is a nice touch! You can also place a tiny crab on the sand or a mini surfboard.
2. Flower Girl[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/CAnJlwXAjxv/?igshid=19jvcvv9ozixs hidecaption=true width=800]
Is it really summertime if you don’t have tropical flowers on your nails? This gorgeous nail art highlights the beauty of the hibiscus petals in such an elegant way!
Tip: Start with a clean base and add the tropical flower of your choice. Make sure to add a top coat of nail polish to achieve the same clean look.
3. Juicy Season[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/CAl4W4ynayX/?igshid=k4ip161qlwg0 hidecaption=true width=800]
Planning to wear something fruity for your summer outfit? Keep the theme going with your nails that are ripe for the picking! Doesn’t this make you crave a fruit cocktail?
Tip: A pineapple nail design is common in most summer nails, but why not try the others? Choose tropical fruits like strawberries, oranges, grapes, and kiwis for a burst of color!
4. Tropical Wildlife[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/B_XCMsMjoPl/?igshid=2zg5x49dxcn2 hidecaption=true width=800]
When it comes to tropical nails, you need to think outside the box! Aside from the usual beach and palm tree designs, you can also paint on your favorite rainforest animals.
5. Under the Sea[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/B8wHw7RAzyU/?igshid=1p7ng8yy6anuy hidecaption=true width=800]
One of the best things about summer is the idea of wading in the water. It’s such a fun concept for nail design, too! Isn’t this seabed art so mesmerizing?
Tip: For a more stylish water aesthetic, go for a monochrome look for your nails. Some fingers should have the wave design, while the rest would have the solid hues of blue.
6. Sunny Vacay[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/B9riG4oATDb/?igshid=hezm1wu592ar hidecaption=true width=800]
Of course, your tropical nails need to come in a sunny color too! Your summer getaway won’t be complete without having something bright and yellow in your look.
Tip: Instead of sticking to yellow, you can also pair it with other colors! Blue complements with it well, giving off the perfect beach vibes for your ensemble.
7. Lavender Summer[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/B9HPq-ngv5C/?igshid=1ssvculib4efx hidecaption=true width=800]
Can’t get rid of your favorite spring color just yet? It’s a good thing lavender is such a great hue for the summer, too! Purple tropical leaves are definitely to die for.
Tip: Want your nails to look a little more classy? Embellish them with some gold accents and glitter decals for that Instagrammable result!
8. Holo Mermaid[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/B_k7JxrnLd3/?igshid=kklgyauh7gku hidecaption=true width=800]
If Ariel is your favorite Disney character, then it’s time for you to channel your inner Little Mermaid! You don’t need red hair and a seashell bikini with this holographic nail art.
Tip: Make sure to apply a thin coat of nail polish before adding the holo powder. It’s also better to use a nail stencil if you don’t want to mess up those mermaid scales!
9. Pretty in Palm[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/B_x2BQjjWSJ/?igshid=y008f552ei64 hidecaption=true width=800]
Are you a sucker for palm tree nail designs but sick of the green? These neutral tropical nails will get you hooked on nude hues!
Tip: Start with a pale beige base then incorporate the leaves in the shades of cream, brown, or black. To make them pop even more, you can add copper nail decals!
10. Seashells by the Seashore[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/B_SX9gUD2Bk/?igshid=mpl852dhcamt hidecaption=true width=800]
White nails will never go out of style, and they’re the classic designs for any fashionista. Change it up this summer by transforming them into seashell nails!
Tip: Create the shell ridges with the same nail lacquer, but with a thicker layer. Add touches of beige to mimic the color of sand. Finish off with a nail jewel or two for some sparkle!
11. Sunset Drive[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/B_fEInpDbne/?igshid=janc37yc9djr hidecaption=true width=800]
Dreaming of going for a ride on a summer afternoon? These sunset nails will offer you the view of California skies! How cool is that brushwork, though?
Tip: Recreate the natural gradient of sunsets by doing an ombré look. Fix up some palm trees on the foreground, and you’re all set!
12. Marble Waves[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/CBLV9frjQFE/?igshid=1i92cvzkb4had hidecaption=true width=800]
Marble nail designs are always a delight, especially if they’re turned into magical waves. Watch them glisten on your fingers while you’re chilling by the pool!
Tip: Apply a white base coat and add a few drops of blue nail polish on top. Use a toothpick to make wave-like swirls. For the top layer, you can use glitters for extra shimmer.
13. Dainty Daisies[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/CBN0Lk1jxD4/?igshid=6wixgyxxlde7 hidecaption=true width=800]
Does your beach party outfit come in a blend of pink, yellow, and white? You can rock some daisies on your nails for a daintier flair!
Tip: To create an ‘embossed’ feel on the daisies, you can use gel nail polish in painting the petals. You can also try other subtle flowers such as peonies, orchids, etc.
14. Sweet Like A Popsicle[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/CBCINXcjYZs/?igshid=m76x2kxk27bk hidecaption=true width=800]
Beating the heat isn’t always about taking a dip in the pool. It’s also about having some of your favorite popsicles! Don’t these nails look yummy enough to eat?
Tip: Instead of drawing actual popsicle sticks on your nails, you can simply create gradients with the colors of your preferred cold treat!
15. Aqua Princess[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/CBJWHFrj6g8/?igshid=1kd0gufvgown7 hidecaption=true width=800]
Ready to make your summer vacation more fashionable? A dramatic nail design to go with your chic summer outfit is all you need!
Tip: Tropical nails look ten times better with 3D nail art! You can decorate them with whatever you like as long as you create a base coat that looks like the ocean.
Want to try some DIY tropical nails? Check out this tutorial video by Paulina’s Passions:
There are so many designs you can try for your tropical nails, especially if you want to pair them with your beach outfits! It’s always fun to go for more colorful styles with unique elements to make your nail art stand out.
Do you know other designs of tropical nails we can try? Share your ideas in the comments below!
- 9 Dermatologist-Approved Summer Skin Care Tips For A Healthy Skin
- 9 Cute Crossbody Bags To Match Your Outfits
- 17 Reasons To Shop These Clean And Vegan Skincare Brands
Whether you’re a self-proclaimed fashionista or just have a passion for fashion, we are looking for you!