Long shorts are not ugly. These pieces might be intimidating to some, but they are actually exciting to style and appealing to wear.
Cute Outfits has some tips on how you can level up your long shorts in chic ways.
13 Stylish Tops To Level Up Your Long Shorts For Fresh And Trendy Looks
1. Sleeveless Blouse[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/CDLQrO5F2eV/ hidecaption=true width=600]
A sleeveless blouse looks fancy with a pair of wide-leg culottes. You can also pair it with tops with ruffle details.
Tip: Aside from sandals, a pair of ballerina shoes will look cute with this.
[amazon box=”B07XMMMPRL , B01MU9DN40 , B0131JPDAI” grid=”4″]
2. Tie Front Shirt[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/CDBX8neJL51/ hidecaption=true width=600]
One of the things you need to remember when wearing Bermuda shorts is to be a little daring. Pairing it with a tie front batwing top will do the trick.
Tip: Cute sneakers will elevate the overall edginess of this look.
3. Blazer[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/CCwf7AuDMhj/ hidecaption=true width=600]
The long shorts and blazer combination has an unbeatable appeal. And this pair is packed with class and sophistication, making it your go-to smart-casual outfit.
Tip: Mix in bold colors and prints to make this look pop.
4. White Long-sleeved Top[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/CB45E8lFmCF/ hidecaption=true width=600]
Rolled up sleeves have that alluring appeal. If you’re wearing a button-down long sleeved top, style your look with a half-tucked detail for a street style vibe.
Tip: A dainty necklace will add a sexy touch to the subtle cleavage.
5. Tank Top[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/CB2tfgznK1G/ hidecaption=true width=600]
The scoop neck white tank top is essential for long shorts. But I’m not saying a bold colored tee is off-limits.
Tip: Mule sandals will also give you a relaxed but stylish vibe.
6. Deep Plunge Top[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/CBvaNK6Fmc9/ hidecaption=true width=600]
Deep plunges have a youthful appeal and what better way to spice up your high waist linen shorts outfit than with one?
A lightweight flat collar blouse will also give you that youthful and classy look.
Tip: Adding a catchy neckpiece is a genius hack to downplay a deep plunge neckline.
7. Leopard Print[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/CBvTySzFtJU/ hidecaption=true width=600]
Elevate your long shorts with this timeless bold print. This classy top works well with layers too, especially during cold weather. Moto jackets are perfect as well.
Tip: Wearing a statement necklace helps draw attention towards your face.
8. Asymmetrical Top[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/CBgBONxFnYe/ hidecaption=true width=600]
Asymmetrical outfits have a youthful appeal that allows you to flaunt a little bit of skin. With this outfit, go for textural contrast with a ribbed asymmetrical top.
9. Sweater Top + Shorts
Fun and color don’t get past this knit sweater and shorts ensemble. Rock this outfit to a coffee date or work. Try out different knit designs to keep a playful vibe.
Tip: A chunky knit high rise top will also go well with these shorts.
10. Cropped Tank + Beige Shorts[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/CBQ_yOwA5XW/ hidecaption=true width=600]
Cropped tanks are versatile fashion pieces that fit in a wide array of looks from cute lounging to sporty to sexy. They highlight high waisted outfits and these shorts are no different.
Tip: A pair of chic sneakers will give this look a fresh finish.
11. Co-ord Set[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/CA84-JMDA5g/ hidecaption=true width=600]
Every fashionista needs a co-ord set in their arsenal, and we got the right one for you. This ensemble will be your go-to style for every occasion.
Tip: Don’t skip the long coat. It adds a sophisticated flair to the look.
12. Bishop Sleeves Sweater[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/B-poIcQnzxa/ hidecaption=true width=600]
Bishop sleeves are elegant and make the outfits stand out. And this shorts and sweater pair can attest to that. While this look works, you can switch up the sweater for a bishop sleeved blouse and still nail it.
13. Puff-sleeved Top[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/CAeKGEWBfT4/ hidecaption=true width=600]
Cut-off denim shorts don’t have to be short. Be trendy with Bermuda cut denim.
While wearing a puff-sleeved top works for a semi-casual look, you can also wear a graphic tee and a blazer for another fancy look.
For more tips, check out Masha’s YouTube video:
Long shorts can be a bit challenging to style, but with these tips and suggestions, your long shorts ensembles will be anything but basic!
Have fun looking chic!
Which of these looks will you be recreating? Let us know by leaving a comment below!
- 9 Cute Constellation Piercing Ideas To Match Your Outfit
- 9 Best Lip Balms With SPF To Prevent Those Chapped Lips This Summer
- 25 Casual Summer Outfits For Women Over 40 [With Pics]
Whether you’re a self-proclaimed fashionista or just have a passion for fashion, we are looking for you!